Maxwell Anchormax Capstan
This product is too large for standard shipping.
When you checkout you will be given the option to:
- Pay online but pickup in-store.
- Submit a freight enquiry. We will get back to you with a quote to have the order delivered to your address.
Supplied with waterproof Foot Switch
An extremely versatile vertical capstan
- Anchor winch
- Pot hauler
- Davit winch
The ANCHORMAX™ has an extremely high power to weight ratio. The compact, fully sealed gearbox is driven by a vertically mounted, permanent magnet motor. Intrusion below decks is minimised making the design ideal for boats from 5m (16ft) to 10m (32ft). Fitting to the boat is simplicity itself as no dismantling of the winch is required. The ANCHORMAX™ gear housings are marine-grade alloy and the drum is stainless steel. It is supplied as a single direction (clockwise) unit, complete with deck switch, fastenings, template and fitting instructions.
The ANCHORMAX™ is not recommended for use to haul halyards.
The ANCHORMAX™ is not recommended for use to haul chain.
Vertical design suits smaller powerboats or sailboats and can be utilised for anchor rodes, as a docking capstan on larger craft, or auxiliary line hauling from any direction.
• High quality, hard wearing stainless steel above deck components.
• Functional rope hauling from any direction using fluted, snag-free warping drum for positive control of all ropes.
• Simplified through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the topworks.
• Alternative gearbox/motor positions accommodate virtually all installation situations.
• Compact, reliable gearbox, made of corrosion resistant materials.
• Anodized aluminium gearbox and spacer on VC500 and VC1000 models.
• Heavy duty, dual direction motors, designed for marine winches.
• Easily disassembled for servicing.
• Can be mounted horizontally for use as a pot hauler or davit winch.