Get all the fun of a boat, without having the costs or problems of owning one! No maintenance, insurance costs, regos or warrants. No storage issues or depreciation.
These boats are perfect for fishing, kneeboarding, scalloping, diving, water skiing, wakeboarding, sightseeing, picnics, day trips, and more. Get your mates together on a fishing trip, tell your boss you need a ‘team building’ weekend, have a great day out with the family, you can even give someone a gift voucher for boat hire!
Hire a Boat for Nelson, Tasman, Marlborough Sounds or the Nelson Lakes
You get to tow the boat to any of our beautiful water playgrounds. Your boat comes with a detailed map book, and we have lots of local info and tips to help you out too. Find out more about where the boat ramps are, where’s good fishing and water access under Local Info and Tips.
Want to hire a boat in the Abel Tasman area?
Pontoon boats are virtually unsinkable and great for families. We have two boats for hire so that you and your friends and family can explore the beautiful Abel Tasman area by boat if you so wish. We recommend booking in early in the Summer season as it does get busy. Your boat and trailer come with full insurance cover.
What you need to know before you hire a boat from us
We’re able to help with advice and guidance around the local boat ramps, easy access roads and best fishing spots.
- Your boat comfortably accommodates five, and is surveyed for five, including the skipper.
- It comes fitted with all the safety equipment you might need.
- No licence is required, and a full briefing is given before each hire, you can feel safe and informed.
- Your boat and trailer come with full insurance cover, however, if something should happen, the excess will be deducted from the bond.
Boat Hirer Experience:
- You must hold a current, class one full drivers license in New Zealand
- You must be over 20 years of age.
- You must have trailer boat experience and knowledge of the area.
What you get with your boat hire:
- 90 horse 4 stroke engine
- Full safety equipment, including life jackets
- Information folder
- Surveyed up to five people
Hire Boat Prices:
- Daily rate $350.00
- Bond $100.00
- Water toys are available at $30 per set:
- Wake Board
- Combo Skis
- Knee Board
- Ski Biscuit
- (Bond of $200.00 required for the above items)
All prices stated are subject to change and just an indication only.
Requirements of boat hire:
- Hirer must be 20 years old or over.
- Boat is supplied with fuel and must be refuelled otherwise costs will be deducted from bond.
- A bond of $100 in the form of a credit card imprint will be taken before the hire. Any damage or loss will be deducted from this.
- Must have knowledge of safe boating practices, and boating experience.
- Your car needs a tow ball and lighting plug.
- Full payment is required to confirm your booking. This is refundable due to bad weather.
Hire Boat Pick-up:
Your boat is based at Bays Boating, 15 King Edward Street, Motueka. Please ask us if you want to pick up a boat the night before or drop off the morning after, as depending on bookings we can be flexible. This is especially handy if you are planning a weekend away - no wasted time! Otherwise, boat pick-up is 8 am and drop-off is 4:45 pm. We can also arrange a delivery service for your boat hire, just ask.
Interested in hiring a boat from us? Great! Get in touch by calling 03 528 5200 or fill in the form below to send us an email. We can’t promise that you’ll catch anything, but we can promise you’ll have a nice day on the water.