THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF MUSCLE.
Boatie can take advantage of significantly higher engine displacement for more low and mid-range power. Even at low revs, the BF2.3 have solid and reliable torque to move heavier hulls than other engines in their class.
EASY & COST EFFECTIVE TO OPERATE
For increased control and reduced steering effort, the BF2.3 has a Twist Grip Throttle which ensures superior throttle friction and enhances response and manoeuvrability. Just like the rest of Honda’s outboard range, these engines are also extremely fuel-efficient.
Although these compact engines pack enough punch to push a boat out to sea, they’re light enough to be carried back to the car. Thanks to the ergonomic carry handle fitted to each engine, the BF2.3 can be taken anywhere.
Despite their size, these engines boast all the benefits of Honda’s advanced four-stroke technology, which is second to none.
The BF2.3 features a 3amp battery charging outlet as standard equipment, as well as a safety lock-out system that allows the engines to be started only in neutral gear.
BF2.3 ROTATES 360
Get in and out of tight spots with ease, or go in any direction on the compass, with this extremely maneuverable engine.
This model comes standard with a centrifugal clutch. The engine is able to maintain a smooth idle and then upon advancing the throttle it automatically engages the propeller above idle speed. It’s like having a neutral position.
- Short (15") or long (20") shaft
- Centrifugal Clutch with forward and neutral gears or gearless
- World-renowned Honda four-stroke quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightest 2.3hp four-stroke available! Even lighter than most two-stroke outboards.
- 1L integral fuel tank facilitates easy removal and portability as one unit.
- Lightweight/compact design. Easy to transport and perfect for small tenders.
- Twist Grip Throttle ensures precise throttle control, while the throttle tensioner minimises driver fatigue.
- Incorporates a safety lock-out system that permits the engines to be started only in neutral gear.
- Features a 3amp battery charging outlet as standard equipment.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won't find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.