Entering the next power range, Honda’s brand new BF250 combines a powerful 3.6L V6 EFI engine with the world’s first direct air induction system to deliver outstanding performance.
Beneath its distinct progressive V cowl, the BF250 incorporates exclusive Honda technologies:
- Big powerful 3.6 litre V6
- ECOmo Lean Burn Control®
- NMEA 2000®
- Huge 90 amp alternator
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Most fuel efficient in class
- CARB 2006 and EPA 2008 ultra low emissions compliant
- OEDA 3 star ultra low emission rating
AUTOMATIC IDLE CHARGE
The Automatic Idle Charge system meets increasing demand from onboard electronic equipment. At idle speed, if electrical demand increases the alternator automatically produces a higher output.
- ‘On Demand’ 90amp, belt-driven alternator reduces heat build-up and provides superior battery charging capability – 48amp at trolling speed!
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection. A patented, ‘double-sealed’ multi-layered paint process. Additional sacrificial anodes have been added inside the engine and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a SEVEN year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a THREE year commercial warranty. Shop around, you won't find a better warranty set up than Honda Marine.
The all-new gear case profile of the BF250 greatly enhances the hydrodynamics of the engine, increasing underwater efficiency.
A revised gear ratio of 2:1 has also been introduced. This ratio allows the engine to produce powerful thrust and propeller grip. These two features allow the BF250 to accept much larger diameter propellers.
SHIFT LOAD CONTROL
An all-new Shift Load Control system reduces operator gear shift effort and facilitates smoother gear changing. When shifting from forward, reverse and neutral, the ECU analyses the engine speed and throttle position and in turn changes the ignition timing, modifying engine torque.